Over the last couple of months, the ODP Program has been a popular subject, particularly the status the of program. Historically tryouts would have been held this past weekend, but with the current restrictions of soccer we had to make adjustments for the good of the program. In theory we could have tryouts as long as we continue to practice the guidelines for the State of Nevada and NYSA return-to-play, however, the restrictions currently in place don’t allow for a proper tryout to happen. If you have been to a field in the past few weeks you can attest to how restricted and limited sessions are. While the limits of Phase 1 are appropriate for the current state of Nevada, it is not a reasonable Phase in which to host ODP caliber tryouts.
What does this mean going forward?
We’re simply waiting. We’re waiting for the COVID numbers to go down. We’re waiting for the state to be in a Phase that allows contact, scrimmages and everything else needed to host ODP level tryouts. If this waiting period pushes us into fall, we have no concerns or reservations due to the fact that we’re a state that holds ODP tryouts early compared to the rest of the West Region. Should this be our reality, a condensed program would not impact team performance come January in Phoenix. California and Arizona are two prime examples of states that predominantly host practices only in late November and December, then go on to compete well in January. We understand everyone wants to get back to normal and we share your excitement, but until it becomes clear that we can host tryouts reflecting the caliber of play required and the guidelines from the state, ODP will be on hold.
While you wait for further updates, we will be updating our ODP section of the website throughout the next couple of weeks. That will be the best place to stay up-to-date regarding Nevada ODP moving forward. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these testing times and should you have any questions please reach out to: Briana Aguila at email@example.com.