An entry-level course for recreational level coaches.
An 2-hour online instruction course.
An entry-level course for competitive level coaches.
An 18-hour pass/fail course with a mix of field and classroom instruction.
*Four hours of pre-course work required to be eligible for license.
Strongly recommended for all competitive coaches of players 15 years old and up.
Nevada’s most comprehensive course offered and is preparatory for national licensing.
A 36-hour pass/fail course with a mix of field and classroom instruction.
*Five hours of preparation phase work, five hours of deliberate phase work, and two deliberate phase webinars required to be eligible for license.
November 3 – November 5, 2017
• Methods of coaching – long-term athletic development; the basic stage; training design and planning, etc.
• Team administration and risk management
• Prevention and care of injuries
• Coaching technique
• Coaching tactics
• Laws of the Game
• Principles of attack and defense
• Small-sided games
• Concussion awareness
• Minimum age – 16 years old
• Pre-course assignments 1 through 4. All pre-course assignments must be turned in to the lead instructor at the beginning of the first day.
Course Length: 18 hours of instruction + 3 hours of pre-course work
• 6 hours classroom
• 12 hours field
• Written and field.
• It takes 2 weeks to receive your course results via email.
• $110 per person
This 40-hour course is the most comprehensive course offered and is preparatory for National “C” licensing.
• Principles of Play
• Athlete Development
• Session Planning
• Coaching Technique
• Coaching Tactics
• Systems of play
• Match analysis
• Sport Science
• “E” License
• Minimum age – 18 years old
Preparation Phase/Deliberate Phase Assignments:
Preparation Phase/Deliberate Phase Assignments 1, 2, and 3. All Preparation Phase/Deliberate Phase Assignments must be turned in to be eligible for license.
Course Length: 40 hours
• 4 hours prep
• 12 hours classroom
• 24 hours field
Schedule: “D” License courses will be scheduled over a minimum of eight weeks.
• Preparation Phase: Candidates are required to complete three (3) assigned training sessions and complete a Self Reflection Form for each of the three training sessions. All sessions and forms must be submitted two weeks prior to the course.
• Instructional Phase (Weekend One): Candidates meet face-to-face with instructors at a course.
• Deliberate Practice Phase: Candidate are required to complete three (3) assigned training sessions and complete a Self Reflection Form for each of the three training sessions. The candidate must participate in two online webinars over a minimum of eight weeks. Session topics will be assigned during the instructional phase.
• Performance Review Phase (Weekend Two): Final on-field exam.
• Practical Field Sessions
• Candidates will receive a National “D” License, Provisional “D” License, or “Failing” grade.
• Candidates receiving a Provisional “D” License will be allowed to re-test at the second weekend of the “D” License Course for a $50 fee, however, they must wait a period of six months before re-testing. Candidates receiving a Failing grade must pay for and attend the full “D” License course, however, they must wait a period of six months before re-testing.
• It will take 3-4 weeks to receive your course results.
This course is offered to coaches who received a Provisional “D” License and are looking to upgrade to complete the USSF National “D” License. However, you cannnot take this until at least six (6) months after your initial test weekend.
Please note that coaches who have received a “Failing” score in a previous course will need to register and attend an entire “D” License course.
• Must have completed a “D” course and received a Provisional “D” License.
• All candidates must complete three (3) assigned training sessions prior to attending a future “D” License Performance Review Phase. Candidates must also complete a Self Reflection Form for each of the three training sessions. All sessions and forms must be submitted two weeks prior to the course.
Re-test Length: 2 days (18 hours)
• 4 hours classroom
• 14 hours field
• Practical field session.D License